- OBJ file format:
vt– texture coordinates,
s– smooth shading flagg (
mtllib– references to MTL file (without navigation or validation),
usemtl– references to materials (without navigation or validation).
- 3D preview of OBJ file:
- text only, preview only, or split,
- selection of up axis,
- Gouraud shading model.
The following features are already under consideration, so please refrain from requesting them in issue tracker.
- MTL file format,
- navigation between OBJ and MTL files,
- 3D preview improvements:
- additional shading models: flat and Phong,
- highlighting selected element,
- applying materials from MTL files.
Using IDE built-in plugin system:
Preferences > Plugins > Marketplace > Search for "Wavefront OBJ" > Install Plugin
Download the latest release and install it manually using:
Preferences > Plugins > ⚙️ > Install plugin from disk...
OBJ File Type And Editor
.obj file extension will be automatically associated with Wavefront OBJ
file format and editor.
3D Preview Controls
- Hold mouse left button on the 3D preview and move to pan the camera.
- Use mouse wheel to zoom in/out.
To change Wavefront OBJ editor color scheme, use:
Preferences > Editor > Color Scheme > Wavefront OBJ
To change plugin configuration, use
Preferences > Languages & Frameworks > Wavefront OBJ